Department 13 is an innovative technology company delivering turn-key UAS and counter-UAV systems, solutions and capabilities to enterprises and government. Applying unparalleled expertise with advanced patented technologies, Department 13 is transforming business operations around the globe with a focus on best performance, highest efficiencies and powerful results. Transforming business intelligence with excellence in customised technology solutions, Department 13 strategically improves the safety, security, efficiency, and automation opportunities across a diverse range of industries and operating systems.
As a Software Engineer for Department 13 Pty Ltd, you will be responsible for writing high-quality code to maintain and extend the capabilities of the company’s suite of software products focussed on drone detection and mitigation systems. You will be engaged in all aspects of the Department 13 software development lifecycle including gathering requirements, system design and architecture, feature development, bug fixing, code reviews and testing.
You will work closely with our hardware team and reverse engineering team to deliver complete drone detection and tracking appliances for delivery to a domestic and global customer base.
The Department 13 software team aims to foster a positive environment of collaboration with regular opportunities to discuss ideas, product improvements and to help build each other’s knowledge of technology.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure consistent interfaces and component integration through each product
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our drone detection and tracking systems
- Work closely with the product team to help analyse, identify and implement enhancements to our products that are aligned with our company roadmap
- Contribute to the analysis and research of current and future technologies and how they may be integrated to the benefit of our drone detection systems
- Testing of software components and systems
- Create well written technical documentation
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the software team’s technical processes and workflows
- Strong experience in at least 2 programming languages. C/C++ and Python would be considered an advantage.
- A strong understanding of modern software design and architecture principles
- Experience with Linux based operating systems
- At least 3 years of relevant commercial experience in a software development role
- Good written and verbal communication
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence
Department 13 is passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Please send all enquires for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org