A) Policy Statement
Department 13 Pty Ltd ACN 639 277 571 (Department 13) respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors.
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). This policy sets out how we collect, use and store your personal information as defined in the Privacy Act.
B) Collection of personal information
- Department 13 will receive and store the personal information you provide to us from time to time, including information you input onto our website, provide to us directly, or give to us in any other forms.
- You may provide us with basic information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, such as when you:
- provide us with feedback;
- provide information about your personal or business affairs;
- change your content or email preferences; or
- communicate with our team.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
C) How we collect personal information
D) Use your personal information
- Department 13 may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates, and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services, and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- Department 13 may contact you by a variety of measures, such as mobile, email, SMS or post.
E) Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, during legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property, or safety of Department 13, https://www.department 13.com/, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in, or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
F) Security of your personal information
Department 13 is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
G) Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
H) Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to PO Box 3708, Manuka ACT 2603. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website
When you come to our website (https://www.department 13.com/) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third-party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Department 13 is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information.