Head of Quality Assurance
Interested in a brand new career with an exciting, cutting edge drone-tech company?
About the job
Department 13 is an innovative technology company delivering turn-key UAS and counter-UAV systems, solutions and capabilities to enterprises and government. Applying unparalleled expertise with advanced patented technologies, Department 13 is transforming business operations around the globe with a focus on best performance, highest efficiencies and powerful results. Transforming business intelligence with excellence in customised technology solutions, Department 13 strategically improves the safety, security, efficiency, and automation opportunities across a diverse range of industries and operating systems
As the Quality Assurance Lead for Department 13 Pty Ltd, you will be responsible for ensuring all software, hardware, and support is delivered with excellence for our Drone Detection Systems to our customers.
The role requires having physical access to our systems for proper testing, training, and development. As a Quality Assurance Lead, you will work very closely with engineering, software, product delivery, research and development, and other departments to ensure a revenue stream to our business.
The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for developing, executing, and documenting testing processes and procedures and defining testing strategies and plans to ensure the product is released is up to industry and company standards. QA will also be responsible for establishing a test cycle in accordance with the development schedule set by the Product Development Team. The QA Lead must also maintain customer-facing documentation such as Customer Release Notes, User Manuals, and Installation Guides for all products.
In order to deliver excellence to Department 13’s customers, the position solidifies that the company’s systems are tested properly before deployment. Furthermore, this role manages both preventative and corrective action with emphasis on root cause analyses in order to ensure that software/product issues are deterred from recurring once they are resolved.
At Department 13, The Head of Quality Assurance leads the department in the orientation and training of new quality assurance personnel in order to ensure a high standard in the execution of duties. The role also acts as mentor to key departmental personnel, assisting them in the training of new and existing products upon request, to ensure the constant improvement of their skills. The position maintains knowledge of emerging best practices and adopts the most suitable for application in the quality assurance department.
- Work with the product development team to develop and execute new and enhance current tests and procedures
- Write and maintain test reports and customer-facing documentation
- Perform daily testing of Department 13 products
- Set up and maintain testing assets
- Develop, set up, and maintain automated and manual testing
- Perform quality assurance testing
- Provide customer support for advanced customer needs
- Participate in and travel (10%) for product related events/demonstrations/evaluations
- Generate bug reports and tickets
- Relevant qualification or 5+ years equivalent experience in Quality Assurance and product testing
- Customer support experience
- Demonstrated experience in Software and Hardware QA
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Atlassian Suite or similar platforms
- Hardware in the loop testing SDR
- Proven Experience in technical writing
- Test automation and continuous integration experience.
- Automated testing process and procedure development
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint experience
- Linux operating system maintenance and use experience
- Scripting language experience (Bash, Perl, Python, etc)
- Experience in BitBucket
Please send all enquires for this position to Stephen Towner at: email@example.com